Rhodiola

  • klem2wen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2005
      Hi!
      Does anyone have any experiences with rhodiola rosea?
      Have you tried edible or medicinal uses?

      tnx for answers

      2wolk
    • Liz Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        If you do a search on 'google.co.uk' lots of entries come up, the first one has lots of info from a reputable source, the American Botanical Council:

        Liz

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
          Greenland Eskimos have been reported to make some kind of "sauer kraut"
          in seal or / reindeer vombs out of rhodiola ( and other herbs), for
          winter use, as a C-vitamin source.

          Geir Flatabø

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
            My wife and her sister have both tried some Rhodiola commercial pills.
            They both lost the sleep, and stopped taking the pills.
            I have Rhodiola rosea on my turfed roof, and it is growing plentiful
            here in western Norway.
            It tastes rather acrid, but is a nice "alpine flower", standing both
            moisture and dry conditions.

            and it is a honey plant, but does not contribute in a large scale.

            Geir Flatabø