Plant for food coloring

  • kalitaone
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2005
      I'm need information about the aplicatiaon of natural dyes of plant
      for food coloring especially that use flower/ the petals og plants.
      I also need information how safe that use in human food, especially
      for food from fermentation process. Please send that information to
      my e-mail. thaks.
    • A. A. Pasternak
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2005
        Hi,

        The PFAF database has information about that.

        Be sure to check out the bottom of the page too which lists only one plant as a food dye: carrots [the leaves]

        If you feed chickens the petals of calendula and/or marigold, their egg yolks get more yellow.

        Here is the link to the Dye page

        Kind regards,

        Al

        My Urban Garden projects