Re: [pfaf] edible tree leaves

  • Liz Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2005
      Hi Gemma
      You can also eat beech leaves - the very young tender ones, bramble shoot tips, gorse flowers (now almost past their best in Devon). Check out our website www.treesforhealth.org - there's not a list of tree leaves but its on the subject of eating tree leaves, flowers, berries etc.
      cheers
      Liz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2005
        Liz, I was most pleased to visit your website through your post below.  It was most informative and interesting to observe someone else seeking to preserve knowledge about the plants around us.  If anyone wants to learn more about the elder tree, you can visit my Wild Food Foragers website at www.wildfoodforagers.org/elderbry.htm Our family looks forward to harvesting the flowers in July and the berries in August where we live in south Louisiana.

        Standing "knee deep in abundance",
        The Weed Lady

        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2005
          In Russia, and probably elsewhere, both oak and blackcurrant leaves
          can be added, for extra flavour, when pickling cucumbers.