[Fwd: Trying to locate a special dye... ?]

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2005
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Trying to locate a special dye... ?
      Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:16:37 -0700
      From: Robert Monroe <monroe1968@...>

      I am helping villages along the Kurdish, Syrian, Turkish and Iranian
      boarder
      get back on there feet with their traditional work making textiles.

      I am having a hard time finding a dye they need and use but, since the war
      and blockades they have lost their supply channel. I am asking for help on
      the other names for this dye so I can locate a new supplier form other
      countries.

      The dye name is: Karmus (Syrian) Kirmizi (Turkey)

      What are the other names???... German (?) Chinese (?) English (?)...

      Description of what is it looks like: a small irregular looking
      dark-reddish-burgundy crystal/seed looking item.

      What is it made from???
      (I have different information, from bark, to insect, to seeds)

      Also, if anyone may know what other country produces or trades this dye???
      (I have been told it was Iran but, they stopped producing this dye many
      years ago and now only Germany and China provides this.)

      Any information would be a great help and beneficial to these mountain
      villagers here.

      With Kind Regards and Warm Wishes – Robert Monroe