Re: [pfaf] Milkweeds

  • richard miles
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2005

      debi novice <debhlv@...> wrote:

      I don't know where you are, but here in South Central
      Iowa, the milkweed is in bloom from June through July,
      pods form in August, and start popping late September
      and into October. Hope that helps some. deb

      --- usagla <usagla@...> wrote:

      >  I have a question regarding the approximate first
      > appearance date of
      > the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias).  Have the
      > pods appeared as
      > early as late June or mid-July?  The information is
      > needed for a
      > children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is
      > imperative that the art I
      > do is accurate.

      >  Thank You.
      >
      >  Sincerely Yours,   go to any college or any university library - Or. had one of the best atists  of plants in the world . She taught at the University of Or.

      >  Gary Ahrens

      http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
    • deb
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2005
        --- I have looked over Mr. Miles' reply, and cannot find who Mr. Miles
        is speaking of. Can not tell if he is speaking in reply to my post,
        even. Thank confusing Y-group "improved" message delivery, and the deb
        being tuckered and scattered! <G>

        I do not know who the "she" is you refer to, Mr. Miles. I hope it
        isn't me, but can find no name. I do not teach at any college,
        university, or other place of higher education. I am *certainly* no
        artist. I only speak for me. I hope I am not being rude, but could
        not tell if the following was in relation to me, so truly felt the
        need to clear that up.

        Will climb back under my rock now. Mr. Miles and others; please know I
        am confused and careful, not rude; at least, not intentionally rude! deb

        In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, richard miles <reso47yd@y...> wrote:

        > debi novice <debhlv@y...> wrote:
        > I don't know where you are, but here in South Central
        > Iowa, the milkweed is in bloom from June through July,
        > pods form in August, and start popping late September
        > and into October. Hope that helps some. deb
        >
        > --- usagla <usagla@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have a question regarding the approximate first
        > > appearance date of
        > > the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias). Have the
        > > pods appeared as
        > > early as late June or mid-July? The information is
        > > needed for a
        > > children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is
        > > imperative that the art I
        > > do is accurate.
        > >
        > > Thank You.
        > >
        > > Sincerely Yours, go to any college or any university library -
        Or. had one of the best atists of plants in the world . She taught at
        the University of Or.

        > > Gary Ahrens

      • richard miles
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2005

        • MODEKA@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2005
            and after reading that I said to myself, "What?, does that have anything to do with a recommendation for groundcover that will thrive in western new york (genesee river valley)?