Milkweeds

  • usagla
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15 7:03 PM
      I have a question regarding the approximate first appearance date of
      the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias). Have the pods appeared as
      early as late June or mid-July? The information is needed for a
      children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is imperative that the art I
      do is accurate.

      Thank You.

      Sincerely Yours,

      Gary Ahrens
    • debi novice
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16 3:56 AM
        I don't know where you are, but here in South Central
        Iowa, the milkweed is in bloom from June through July,
        pods form in August, and start popping late September
        and into October. Hope that helps some. deb

        --- usagla <usagla@...> wrote:

        > I have a question regarding the approximate first
        > appearance date of
        > the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias). Have the
        > pods appeared as
        > early as late June or mid-July? The information is
        > needed for a
        > children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is
        > imperative that the art I
        > do is accurate.
        >
        > Thank You.
        >
        > Sincerely Yours,
        >

        > Gary Ahrens

        http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
      • richard miles
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16 7:43 AM

          --- usagla <usagla@...> wrote:

          >  I have a question regarding the approximate first
          > appearance date of
          > the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias).  Have the
          > pods appeared as
          > early as late June or mid-July?  The information is
          > needed for a
          > children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is
          > imperative that the art I
          > do is accurate.

          >  Thank You.
          >
          >  Sincerely Yours,   go to any college or any university library - Or. had one of the best atists  of plants in the world . She taught at the University of Or.

          >  Gary Ahrens

          http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        • deb
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16 1:46 PM
            --- I have looked over Mr. Miles' reply, and cannot find who Mr. Miles
            is speaking of. Can not tell if he is speaking in reply to my post,
            even. Thank confusing Y-group "improved" message delivery, and the deb
            being tuckered and scattered! <G>

            I do not know who the "she" is you refer to, Mr. Miles. I hope it
            isn't me, but can find no name. I do not teach at any college,
            university, or other place of higher education. I am *certainly* no
            artist. I only speak for me. I hope I am not being rude, but could
            not tell if the following was in relation to me, so truly felt the
            need to clear that up.

            Will climb back under my rock now. Mr. Miles and others; please know I
            am confused and careful, not rude; at least, not intentionally rude! deb

            In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, richard miles <reso47yd@y...> wrote:

            > debi novice <debhlv@y...> wrote:
            > I don't know where you are, but here in South Central
            > Iowa, the milkweed is in bloom from June through July,
            > pods form in August, and start popping late September
            > and into October. Hope that helps some. deb
            >
            > --- usagla <usagla@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a question regarding the approximate first
            > > appearance date of
            > > the common milkweed's pod,(Asclepias). Have the
            > > pods appeared as
            > > early as late June or mid-July? The information is
            > > needed for a
            > > children's storybook I'm illustrating. It is
            > > imperative that the art I
            > > do is accurate.
            > >
            > > Thank You.
            > >
            > > Sincerely Yours, go to any college or any university library -
            Or. had one of the best atists of plants in the world . She taught at
            the University of Or.

            > > Gary Ahrens

          • richard miles
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17 4:35 AM

            • MODEKA@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 17 5:00 AM
                and after reading that I said to myself, "What?, does that have anything to do with a recommendation for groundcover that will thrive in western new york (genesee river valley)?