Trees for Health March events

  • Liz Turner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
      Dear All
      Despite last week's email saying that last weekend was our last planting
      day, we are having 1 last push to get some more trees in at Wayfield
      Nurseries this Sunday (13th).

      The plan is to work from 11-3 and because the coast path is very near, we
      will do a coast walk from about 3-4 and then return to Totnes. This will be
      a nice
      way to end the planting at Wayfield but obviously you can just come for part
      of the day if you prefer. We already have 1 full car but can arrange car
      sharing if you contact us. If you either need a lift or can offer space then
      please get in touch.

      Also next weekend is our fencing workshop on 20th at Beenleigh Meadows. We
      will be fencing off the 500 trees. Places are free so if you want to post
      and wire fencing or just fancy lending a hand to get this job completed,
      please get in touch as there are a few places left.

      After the workshop we will be having a Spring Equinox Tree Celebration at
      Beenleigh Meadows from 4-6. This will be fairly informal. We will do a short
      tree walk to look at the special trees of this time of year. We will
      facilitate a short ceremony where people can offer their own poetry,
      readings or words to welcome in the spring or celebrate the trees. Weather
      depending, we will have a fire, there is warm shelter inside the straw bale
      barn with the wood burner. Please bring some vegetarian snacks to share & a
      few pieces of wood for the fire! This is also a celebration of all the tree
      planting we have done this season & a thank you to our volunteers!

      You can obviously either attend the fencing or the celebration or both!

      If you would like to attend any of these events, please get in touch asap so
      that we can arrange transport. Again if you can offer transport, please let
      me know.
      Best wishes
      Liz Turner
      Chair, Trees for Health