Re: Fw: Blagdon up for sale (was: [pfaf] Pfaf website now up and running

  • Sean Maley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2005
      The king is right.  We talk about keeping nature and social equity on a positive growth pattern, but we forget that the machine uses money to justify our struggle.  Why not start profitable businesses and then wrest control back when the timing is right?  It's about the most non-violent means of fighting back that is available to us.  Chalet rentals are a very high profit concept, but why stop there?  The more money the property makes (ecologically and equitably), the more it can assist other natural treasures and people escape the machine.

      We are a bubble fighting to escape the boiling water.  The frog might not care, but we have figured it out that we are all going to die if we don't escape.  This may not be the time to panic, but we sure wouldn't be hurting by starting soon to fight in a financially sustainable way, in addition to our social and ecological act.  Time to tell mother that we are ready to stand on our own.

      -Sean.
      --- King Amdo wrote:
      Hi ewt!

      Perhaps if you go for the reapplication of planning
      permmision option you might offer options to local
      people...people that were born in the area at a 50%
      discount, say. (under the same site ethos
      obviously).

      I really don't see that holiday planning would be a
      problem...the site could still work...and that could
      even be resolved later on. I mean global warming is
      now a reality...these local councils must surely
      start being more progressive! They should really
      give full time residency permission...but
      whatever..thios could really work! If you do this
      you'd raise so much money that the charity could end
      up giveng bursaries away.

      To rent the land out for grazing would be a deafeat
      by the oppositte energy...I've seen this happen
      before...livestock ranching is the problem in the UK
      countryside...ceratinly in Upland areas....People
      would even reant out a couple of acres for the tiny
      rent that this would provide rather than planting
      trees....Please think of all the blackbirds etc
      nesting in those brambles. If this area was rented
      out for grazing, then this would mean genocide for
      them!

      Meanwhile....

      Tempuratures are rising, higher and higher...
      Temperatures are rising, right up to the sky!
      Profit sheep graze seem the only way,
      get a job boy sort yer self out,
      forget that sharing hippy ethos,
      babylon get away.

      jesus maybe I should buy it from you and develope it
      and make lots and lots of money...a hippy
      entreprenure type thing!...but no, it shouldn't be
      that sort of game....This should be done as a
      collective charitable effort. I guess then there's
      the problem of sorting all the paperwork and
      apllications out in this situation...without direct
      monetary incentive type thing..but a collective aim.

      Blessed be!

      King Amdo Real Estate.

      (it's ok, I don't wanna live there, I have my own
      place already. If I was living there I probably end
      up executing everyone else on site within 6
      months...I'm not joking. I've gone completely wild
      over the last few years......like a wildcat).