Re: [pfaf] Chestnuts&Romania

  • Ute Bohnsack
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
      Robert Allen wrote:

      > For several years I have been growing sweet chestnuts
      > in the west of Ireland
      WHAT? Where exactly? I was under the impression they wouldn't fruit here. I know
      they can grow in this region (I'm just south of the Burren, in Kilfenora, Co.
      Clare; not on the limestone, mind you) but haven't seen them fruiting. Please
      let me know, Robert as I'd love to plant some if I knew they'd actually fruit.

      Cheers,
      Ute
    • Robert Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2002
        Ute Bohnsack <sustag@...> wrote:
        Please let me know, Robert as I'd love to plant some
        if I knew they'd actually fruit.

        Let me know if you want to try some of the seeds I
        have. I can post some to you. It's a bit late to be
        starting them now but it's worth a try. I'll also try
        and get you the locations of the places where they
        have been planted and fruited, and you can compare
        soil and temperature to your place.

        Robert

        =====
        BLUE: http://www.bluegreenearth.com