Physalis

  • King Amdo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2005
      Hi everyone.

      I've been looking for various plants for a forest garden...including the nicest from Ken Ferns book, and this one...

      Physalis peruviana. (the golden yellow fruit cupped in a paper like...cup)

      I eventually found this very useful portal...

      Then I was looking in the Organic Gardening catalogue and they sell seeds of the same genre...one variety has spicy fruits as large as tomatoes....oh the're not listed on the computor site...if you want to try to grow these species you'll have to get the paper catalogue.

      These people are quite good, they have a lot of interesting and organic seeds...squashes and things..wish they had a mixed edible squash/gourd pac though.

      One species Crataegus Pensylvanica I couldn't locate anywhere...so if anyone has one spare?...I could give you some good karma in exchange!

      Blessed be.