REVISED tree planting dates!

  • Liz Turner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      PLEASE NOTE REVISED DETAILS AND DATES DUE TO THE CANCELLATION OF ONE OF OUR
      PLANTING PROJECTS.

      Trees for Health 2005 Tree Planting

      Please pass these details on far & wide to anyone you think may be
      interested.

      These are joint voluntary events with the Community Supported Farming Group
      who
      are helping us by lending tools & providing insurance.

      We will be tree planting on the following weekend dates:

      15-16th January
      22 January
      30 January
      5 February

      This will take place at Wayfield Nurseries, East Portlemouth near
      Kingsbridge from 11-4. Please feel free to drop in & help anytime you like
      but please contact me to say you are coming & to get
      arrangements/directions. I will be organising shared transport so do not be
      put off if you have transport problems! Planting may continue further into
      February.

      All equipment will be provided including tools and gloves. Please bring
      waterproofs, sturdy footwear, lunch & a drink.

      The site is close to the south Devon coastal path & there are chances to
      combine the day with a coastal walk. We will be planting 1000 trees on a
      hedge to create wildlife habitat and a windbreak. This is a great
      opportunity to get experience in tree planting,
      hedge maintenance and to learn about the benefits of trees. Trees for Health
      aims to promote the benefits of trees for both the ecology and people of an
      area. We will be researching the use of trees medicinally over the next few
      months ready for an exciting new venture of making remedies in the spring.

      Please also consider joining Trees for Health if you have not yet done so.
      Details of our aims can be found on our website www.treesforhealth.org on
      here also is a membership form to print & return.

      Best wishes
      Liz Turner
      Chair, Trees for Health
      www.treesforhealth.org