Re: Native Romanian Plants

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      Dear Jenni,
      > If you know of any, please could you tell me of any plants/trees that
      > are native to Romania and which of these are edible or have uses-eg
      > soaproot. i would be extremely grateful for any information you could
      > send me and pictures if you have any. thankyou,

      You can try doing a search for the string romania in our database
      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_search.html
      this only gives two plants:

      Latin Name Common Name
      Lonicera caprifolium Italian honeysuckle
      Serratula coronata

      you could also looking at near by countries see
      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_area.html

      In general the range information in the database is rather limited
      its something we would like to work on, given time.

      I've also posted this the pfaf mailing list
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf
      someone there might know more.

      All the best

      Rich

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England