Re: [pfaf] groundcover

  • memexikon@mwt.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      My family & I are traveling thru Romania this month & in the last 2 weeks Ive
      only seen a couple lawns that looked like they were mown. In fact, in
      Bucuresti, in the massive yards of Ceaucescu's palace (now a government
      complex), no mowing to be seen & in fact you can spot burdock, polygonum,
      thistle & other "weeds" growing everywhere. Now if only we could convince the
      WhiteHouse to follow suit.

      & of course in the country the goats, sheep, horses, cows, @ geese are about
      the most efficient lawn care implements ever invented.

      mIEKAL

      & here's my report about grape growing in the Moldovan region of Romania.

      http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/GrapesInMoldova

      > like the motor car, mowing grass and watering is a major contribuiter to
      global
      destruction. what are councils doing to resolve this problem, and what attempts
      have and
      will be made to replace grass with ground cover plants, allso what is the
      current cost to
      the comunity eg infrasructure to support this waste of natural resources
      > martin

      This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
      http://www.mwt.net/