groundcover

  • Martin Naylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      like the motor car, mowing grass and watering is a major contribuiter to global destruction. what are councils doing to resolve this problem, and what attempts have and will be made to replace grass with ground cover plants, allso what is the current cost to the comunity eg infrasructure to support this waste of natural resources
      martin

    • memexikon@mwt.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        My family & I are traveling thru Romania this month & in the last 2 weeks Ive
        only seen a couple lawns that looked like they were mown. In fact, in
        Bucuresti, in the massive yards of Ceaucescu's palace (now a government
        complex), no mowing to be seen & in fact you can spot burdock, polygonum,
        thistle & other "weeds" growing everywhere. Now if only we could convince the
        WhiteHouse to follow suit.

        & of course in the country the goats, sheep, horses, cows, @ geese are about
        the most efficient lawn care implements ever invented.

        mIEKAL

        & here's my report about grape growing in the Moldovan region of Romania.

        http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/GrapesInMoldova

        > like the motor car, mowing grass and watering is a major contribuiter to
        global
        destruction. what are councils doing to resolve this problem, and what attempts
        have and
        will be made to replace grass with ground cover plants, allso what is the
        current cost to
        the comunity eg infrasructure to support this waste of natural resources
        > martin

        This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
        http://www.mwt.net/