RSS now available for some YahooGroups

  • Phil Slade
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Handy Hint - an RSS Reader is incorporated into the latest versions of the
      Opera web browser.

      Questions about RSS
      What is RSS?
      RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is an XML-based format for distributing
      public web content (such as news headlines or new content in your group).
      Using RSS, you can read the newest messages for your favorite groups on your
      My Yahoo! page, display them for other people to read in your web log
      (otherwise known as blog), or read them in an RSS reader.

      What kind of content does Yahoo! Groups provide via RSS?
      Yahoo! Groups RSS includes the most recent messages to a group. If the
      group is configured by its owner to show its messages to the public, it will
      also have an RSS feed. The feeds are free of charge to use for individuals
      and non-profit organizations for non-commercial use.

      How do I use RSS?
      Visit your group's home page
      Look for the icon in the Most Recent Messages section. Note, if this icon
      does not appear, there is no RSS feed available for your group.
      Click on the icon to go to the RSS information page.
      Click on the icon to add the RSS feed to your My Yahoo! page, or add the
      URL (web address) listed to your RSS reader.

      Why is there is no RSS feed for my group?
      Since RSS is used as a way to read/aggregate public content on the web, this
      feature is only available for groups with messages set to public (no
      membership required).

      Also see

      http://my.yahoo.com/s/rss-faq.html & http://my.yahoo.com/s/publishers.html