Re:

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2002
      Dear Stephen,

      > I'm looking to source a sweet chestnut species that might fruit in the North
      > East of England (Durham City)
      > 2 question will sweet chestnuts only fruit in the south of England?
      > Where might I be able to bye suitable specimens if such exist
      > Best wishes
      >
      > Stephen Cronin

      Have a look at
      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/arr_html?Castanea+sativa
      for more details on the plant.

      Also see
      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/Link_3.html
      for some hints on where to find plant suppliers.

      I've forwarded you message onto the pfaf mailing list
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf
      someone there may be able to help.

      All the best

      Rich

      p.s. Can I take this opportunity to encourage to you to join our
      friends of Plants For A Future membership scheme. Membership is only
      £10 a year (£15 overseas) and we are trying to recruit 1000 friends
      in the coming year. If we can reach this target then we will be
      able to secure the land for our demonstration gardens and visitors
      centre in Devon which could become a shining example of woodland
      gardening, sustainability, and the use of perennial plants.
      See http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/friends.html for details.

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England