Re: [pfaf] help w/seeds, and unusual plants for eating (giant foxtail, jack in the pulpit, etc.)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2013
      Looks as if it was taken from  one of
      the books from
      Euell Gibbons,  he has written a couple of books
      and should be a reliable source,
      - have not looked it up...

      Geir Flatabø

      2013/8/31 Sam Schaperow <sam.schaperow@...>

      http://mdc.mo.gov/sites/default/files/resources/2010/09/15898.pdf discusses such plants and their uses.  It looks like a part o a book?  Anyone know what book or how reliable it is?

      I have giant foxtail (Setaria faberi), and have found the seeds no easier to eat after boiling, but I've not tried roasting them 1st.  Does anyone have advice?  I've found seeds of Polygonum species to also have particularly tough husks.  Does anyone here have direct experience with processing these to get at the seeds within?