Re: [pfaf] those posts on non chlorophyll plants

  • Andru Vallance
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2013
      "(can't recall where I got this)".

      If think the supporting claims for a hypothesis that certain plants got dropped off by aliens from Mars popping in for a visit should be backed up by better footnotes than "I can't recall where I got this".

      I read a bit of your book on Amazon "Look Inside", and the above also applies to everything I read.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

      Andru Vallance

      On 26/08/2013, at 19:16, Infowolf1@... wrote:

      Those posts here on plants without chlorophyll, arrived just

      in time to get my attention. I speculate that one or more
      of them hitched a ride here on a flying saucer from Mars,
      because an astronomer back in the 1950s (can't recall
      where I got this) spotted the kind of spectra in light
      from Mars, that is typical of plants that are not green.

      I was writing my book that went up on amazon kindle
      a week or so ago A Possible History of Life on Mars
      by Christine Erikson.

      Christine

    • gladhearted
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2013
        Have those posts on plants without chlorophyll been deleted? For I am unable to locate them by typing in such words into the search engine line. Have tried the full phrase then the key words.

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Infowolf1@... wrote:

        > Those posts here on plants without chlorophyll, arrived just
        > in time to get my attention. >
        > http://politicallyunclassifiable.blogspot.com

      • infowolf1
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2013
          I present a lot of sources in the links in the text. There can be no
          proof for anything until we got an open landing of astronauts
          on Mars. The best anyone can do is sort through what is out
          there, incl. ancient legends and oddball finds in archaeology,
          and leaks from intelligence agency sources and the whole
          confusing scramble of stuff.

          It was a book from the 1960s citing something from the 1950s,
          which I probably don't have anymore.

          Far more solid stuff is in photos and life positive test results
          from Viking Landers which were explained away as superoxide
          chemistry, but a certain variation in those results disproves
          that so its back to life as cause of results.

          Sources for all that are in the text which is loaded with links.

          Christine

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 27, 2013
            tracking back, apparently the post was a question about the Indian Pipe,
            monotropa uniflora #646, which was a long time ago, and I must have
            thought this was recent when I was blearily going through the messages
            or something, it is not the post but the pages I turned up in researching
            the plant that led me to the subject of non photosynthesizing plants.
            the question was about them "glowing" in the dark which the queryer
            apparently had misread from "GROWING": in the dark. This led me
            to the cancerroot and some other plants.

            One person's misread and another's digging leads to unimagined stuff.
            Plus the second person's not noticing the dates on posts leads to
            thinking it all got there just in time when this was from AD 2004.

            Christine