Re: [pfaf] Re: planting on public land

  • infowolf1
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 8 4:30 PM
      which is another reason to keep it around, even if it is non native.
      We need the bees. We need the other pollinators. Bees are the most
      important ones, and without them we'd starve if some other species
      didn't take over the role. Also they make honey which, raw, has
      medicinal properties, and popolis (spelling?) which is antibiotic.

      Christine
      And I see far more pollinators on my purple loosestrife than I do on my lilacs.

      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 13 4:13 PM
        http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?29835

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Gaardenier" <gaardenier@...> wrote:

        Dear friends,

        One of the last of the Prunus genus missing here, we are looking for is the Desert Peach or Prunus Andersonii. While it is true to seed, I start my search here, to add in my collection-addiction. Trades are possible also.

        Maybe someone has a reliable source for seeds?

        Some info:

        http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index
        <http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index&where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii> &where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=PRAN2

        vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

        Leo Aerts, alias Gaardenier from Flanders - belgium