Re: [pfaf] Re: planting on public land

  • stellaeec
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 5, 2013
      Well done Gaardenier!
      Keep up the excellent growing!

      Wish I could obtain some wild seeds from you.
      Stella

      > Since about ten years I plant on not purpose used railway ground (rented):
      >

      > - Wild plums (Prunus maritima, emarginata, americana, sibirica,
      > a.s.o.)
      >
      > - American persimmon (Diospyros lotus)
      >
      > - Kiwi berries (Actinidia arguta)
      >
      > - Boxthorn or Goji berries
      >
      > - Sea-buckthorn
      >
      > - Wild apples, Malus sylvestris between cultivated.
      >
      > - Blackberries, Blueberries, Gooseberries, Crandall berries,
      >
      > - Wild apricots, Almonds, Desert peach
      >
      > - Wild seedless Grapes
      >
      > - All aforementioned, between cultivated specimen
      >

      > vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,
      >
      > Gaardenier from Mortsel in Flanders

    • trenthillsmike
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 13, 2013
        http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?29835

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Gaardenier" <gaardenier@...> wrote:

        Dear friends,

        One of the last of the Prunus genus missing here, we are looking for is the Desert Peach or Prunus Andersonii. While it is true to seed, I start my search here, to add in my collection-addiction. Trades are possible also.

        Maybe someone has a reliable source for seeds?

        Some info:

        http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index
        <http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index&where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii> &where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=PRAN2

        vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

        Leo Aerts, alias Gaardenier from Flanders - belgium