planting on public land

  • infowolf1
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 2, 2013
      Someone on one of these two egroups suggested planting
      gardens in greenbelts or other public lands. My initial
      reaction was relevant to you having an identifiable as such
      garden that you work and claim as yours. (maybe permits
      would be available.)

      But Alex Jones has made an interesting suggestion. That
      you plant various non GMO fruit trees and I guess you
      could add the kind of veggies that can run wild and reseed,
      in such public land spaces, because they will go on and
      be of use eventually in future. To whoever. Should look
      like irregular scattered mixed growth, not like something
      planned and deliberate.

      Good idea. Just don't treat it as exclusively yours, think
      of it as aiding survival of those in the future who know
      what kind of plants to look for to eat.

      Christine

      http://politicallyunclassifiable.blogspot.com
    • trenthillsmike
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 13, 2013
        http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?29835

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Gaardenier" <gaardenier@...> wrote:

        Dear friends,

        One of the last of the Prunus genus missing here, we are looking for is the Desert Peach or Prunus Andersonii. While it is true to seed, I start my search here, to add in my collection-addiction. Trades are possible also.

        Maybe someone has a reliable source for seeds?

        Some info:

        http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index
        <http://calphotos.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_query?query_src=photos_index&where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii> &where-taxon=Prunus+andersonii

        and

        http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=PRAN2

        vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

        Leo Aerts, alias Gaardenier from Flanders - belgium