Re: [pfaf] squirrels...and mice!

  • allmendeperma@web.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2004
      Since we`re using a quite massive straw-mulch in the vegetables since last autumn, it seems to me the mice-population is rising and especially now, when autumn is coming they seem to eat more vegetables as wild herbs aren`t that tender any more.
      One thing I don´t know the english word for we used all the time: It`s treetrunks, upright in the ground, that raptors can use to sit on and watch for mice. But the mice are invisible below the straw...
      Now I´m thinking of installing normal mousetraps to get the population down.
      What is an easier and more succesful way?
      Greetings from Klaus

      pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 17.09.04 17:35:12:

      Hi all
      Does anybody know of a humane way of stopping squirrels from damaging trees?
      Particularly if you are planting new trees to create new woodland. I am
      working with landowners who do not want to poison or shoot but are getting
      quite substantial squirrel damage & have been told if they are serious about
      getting trees established they have to control them somehow.

      I will also be planting new woodland & therefore need to know.
      thanks
      Liz

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      --
      Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
      Artilleriestr. 6