Forest Garden Case Studies Needed for New Permanent Publications Book

  • Darren
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2013
      http://www.permaculture.co.uk/news/2406133504/forest-garden-case-studies-needed-new-permanent-publications-book

      Tomas Remiarz |
      Monday, 24th June 2013

      Are you involved in a forest garden or polyculture project? Why not get
      in touch and have your project feature in a new book to help future growers.

      I am beginning work on a new book about forest gardens together with
      Permanent Publications. We want to include a number of case studies of
      existing forest gardens in this book, to show how the concept has
      evolved from its initial conception. The primary purpose is to give an
      accessible account of perennial polycultures people have actually
      planted and managed, and what they have learned from it. The secondary
      purpose is to establish a baseline of existing perennial polycultures to
      enable more detailed academic studies in the future.

      If you have been involved in creating and maintaining forest gardens or
      similar polycultures, I would like to hear from you and potentially
      include a case study of your system(s) in the project. The idea is to
      show the successes and problems of real-life projects, so it does not
      matter if you don't see your system as perfect, or even feel you didn't
      start on the right footing – whatever you learned in the process may
      provide useful lessons for future planters.

      This research is aimed at temperate forest gardens anywhere in the world
      with a focus on cool temperate areas, but I am also interested in
      Mediterranean systems.To participate, you can start by filling in the
      baseline survey which is online at
      www.surveymonkey.net/s/forestgardenbaseline
    • Frank Woolf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2013
        I tried to but the site insists on such a ridiculously complex password before you can even send a message I gave up.