Re: [pfaf] trying to find Prunus seeds

  • daniel wildman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
      Desert Plum or Prunus fremontii
      www.westernnativeseed.com/treesinfo.html
      www.hazmac.biz/040524/040524PrunusFremontii.html
      myfolia.com

      I could not find any seeds for Sierra Plum or P. subcordata
      but did find (see bellow) Hope this is of some help/ intrest

      ucjeps.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/get_JM_treatment.pl?6677,6866,6878
      "(P. armeniaca , apricot; P. avium , sweet cherry; P. cerasus , sour cherry; P. domestica , plum; P. laurocerasus , laurel cherry; P. lusitanica , portugal laurel; P. mahaleb ; P. persica , peach). Seeds of many species ± TOXIC from production of hydrocyanic acid."

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013

        Thanks a lot Daniel,

        I wrote to every address you gave. It seems that some wild species are well documented but not really protected by distributing seeds.

        Unraveling the mystery of the hidden Prunus thus. If any positive response, I will post it also.

        vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

        Leo K.E. Aerts

        Fortstraat 10    b-2640 Mortsel

        Flanders  / belgium / Europe