trying to find Prunus seeds

  • gaardenierflandriae
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19 5:43 AM
      To complete our Wild Prunus diversity collection in Antwerp, Flanders-belgium, we try to find seeds of:

      - Desert Plum or Prunus fremontii
      - Sierra Plum or P. subcordata

      Anybody can help?
    • daniel wildman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19 3:05 PM
        Desert Plum or Prunus fremontii
        www.westernnativeseed.com/treesinfo.html
        www.hazmac.biz/040524/040524PrunusFremontii.html
        myfolia.com

        I could not find any seeds for Sierra Plum or P. subcordata
        but did find (see bellow) Hope this is of some help/ intrest

        ucjeps.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/get_JM_treatment.pl?6677,6866,6878
        "(P. armeniaca , apricot; P. avium , sweet cherry; P. cerasus , sour cherry; P. domestica , plum; P. laurocerasus , laurel cherry; P. lusitanica , portugal laurel; P. mahaleb ; P. persica , peach). Seeds of many species ± TOXIC from production of hydrocyanic acid."

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20 8:19 AM

          Thanks a lot Daniel,

          I wrote to every address you gave. It seems that some wild species are well documented but not really protected by distributing seeds.

          Unraveling the mystery of the hidden Prunus thus. If any positive response, I will post it also.

          vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

          Leo K.E. Aerts

          Fortstraat 10    b-2640 Mortsel

          Flanders  / belgium / Europe