RE: [pfaf] Am I right in my thoughts about nature here do you think?

  • Elaine Sommers
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2013
      We still are animals Frank! Gerald Durrell was spot on.

      Yes, I think you are right, absolutely. Nature, raw nature, is very simple - so simple it is genius. I love the programmes about what would happen if humans just vanished from the Earth. It is self-healing, self-righting.

      I don't know about monocultures and Japanese knotweed taking over. I suspect it would be a bit overpowering for a time, but like everything it would eventually find a balance. It would be interesting to find out, but maybe no-one has dared to try leaving a patch anywhere. It might end up like rhodedendrons in Wales, and even for a few hundred years only that would be unfortunate.

      Blessings,
      Elaine.

      ". . . the greatest peril of life lies in the fact that human food consists entirely of souls. All the creatures that we have to kill to eat, all those that we have to strike down and destroy to make clothes for ourselves, have souls, souls that do not perish with the body . . . All that exists lives."

      from 'Shaman, the wounded healer' by J. Halifax, 1982

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: frank_bowman@...
      Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:59:37 +0100
      Subject: [pfaf] Am I right in my thoughts about nature here do you think?

      Isn't Nature self correcting

      And isn't the ancient microrizal fungi managing it all

      Eventually the plants that are just right or closest match for any locations soil come to live there?

      You have to work to keep a plant thats not right for a place, help it to give it an advantage over the others

      All gardeners do that do they not.

      Isn't this what forest tribes have been doing for thousands upon thousands of years, that is my understanding of all the worlds forests which have forest peoples.throughout the whole world. That the natural majority state of the whole 1/4 or 1/3 world which is land where there isn't water and sea, its forest. Ie leave it to grow of it's own accord like an apple tree apples, the world forests.

      I was told all people living as people as family as tribe naturally forest garden and no forest has been found anywhere in the world where there were humans which were not gardened. Ie, if the humans weren't there the flora and fauna would create itself around the living decisions of the flora and fauna that were left.

      But when humans are there the flora patterns itself with them.

      Just as they appear to when humans exist there.

      They eat they shit, the plants that they unknowingly planted then grow and the plants they want around to harvest the fruit from too.

      The plants that do love a place in modern days where we love separated from nature we call weeds

      They just bloom

      The ones that invade that come from another country like japanese knot weed

      Well if you left them to monopolise a space, what would happen? Would they monoculture themselves? I haven't heard of any one who has left them

      Does anyone know whether they take over a place to totally monoculture it?

      I'd strongly suspect they'd end up killing themselves off just like acid soil liking gorse does when left it turns the soil alkaline.

      Nature is total magically mysterious from it's base of stone water air gas moss and poo

      To all animals of which we are merely one of many.

      (though we think it's the others that are animals and not us, but we used to be, hahahaha!)