Re: education

  • quercusrobur2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2004
      Martin- am i understand you are saying we cannot learn beyond what
      we already know? Shorely shum mishtake...

      Graham

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "martinwnaylor" <martinwnaylor@y...>
      wrote:
      > hi
      > degrees certificates whatever, nuclear scientist,gravedigger, are
      > not worth the paper they are writen on,leave this crazy world
      behind
      > you, you either know or you don't, we have information by the
      bucket
      > load, what we don't have is the creativity to use it
      > intelligently,whatever you do, do it and live it,
      > martin
    • Martin Naylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2004
        hi
        it was a total mistake to send the original email, i realised moments after all this will lead to is diferent opinions, the best idea, is to keep this entirly concerned with permaculture, what i meant is to vast amount of people knowledge is memory, and information, for eg mathamatics from 1+1 =2  to the mathamatics involved in going to the moon could be understood, with no imput at all from the learner, to be creative and discover the new is the hard part, edward-de-bono, is one of the best to challenge these boundries, what i was baseickly getting at is the people on this planet have to undergo radical and fundemental change verry soon by observing and understanding there relationships [all relationships] and put those observations which are beyond the limits of knowlege into action, see where this has led, isuppose this is related to social interaction of people, but this could be done in another group, could the starters of the group define the area they are looking at, as i see it, the group is trying to establish a database of usefull plants and there interrelationships, on wiki system whatever that is [i'm new to this], if this policy statement could be sent to permaculture groups around the planet, and each group  get's there info together and increase this datebase beyond imagination it is possible the mind is limited, it could be one small step for creative knowledge one giant leap for sustainability, it is not what i can do for the planet it is how the planet can sustain us, from the greatest rock and roll band in the world the moody blues, stand hand in hand and we will stand on the threshold of a dream
        martin

        wrote:
        > hi
        > degrees certificates whatever, nuclear scientist,gravedigger, are
        > not worth the paper they are writen on,leave this crazy world
        behind
        > you, you either know or you don't, we have information by the
        bucket
        > load, what we don't have is the creativity to use it
        > intelligently,whatever you do, do it and live it,
        > martin

      • quercusrobur2002
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2004
          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@y...>
          wrote:
          > hi
          > it was a total mistake to send the original email, i realised
          moments after all this will lead to is diferent opinions,

          I know that feeling well ;-)