Re: Edible Landscaping

  • Francis S
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2013
      Hi SAM How to make Rooting hormone gather willow sticks place in a bucket of water let sit for 3 days remove sticks, and you have rooting hormone..

      (I have used leaves too
      I was recomended sticks from where I learned it from
      (OHG yahoo group oranic homesteading gardening)

      Leaves can float (I learned, and ,mold (mould) can form on them)
      still used it, but it really works.)

      Oh Almost forgot

      for cuttings (keep the jar on it too , but not too hot.)

      I start mango seeds in a plasitc grocery bag filled with air
      really builds up humidity
      you can see the condensation build up on the bag.

      Really you probaly would not want your cuttings to get hot

      but you can take a aquaruim put scotch tape on it like zebra striped
      to prevent some of the heat, and start cuttings.

      to encourage root growth,
      the roots do better warm, but the top cuttings cool.

      to keep the bottom hot , but the top cool
      you can use a heating pad
      You can also cut a hole in the bottom put a old light bulb in it
      below the soil.

      better directions online
      (I think I saw something on a mike mcgoarthy free newsletter I get,.