RE: [pfaf] Goji - Lycium

  • Yoke-BT
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23 1:11 AM

      Wouldn’t recommend eating the green parts as it is in the Solanaceae family; very poisonous! Berries a power-food!

      But then I did a bit of research and found that you can use other parts...

      See

      http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Goji_Berry_Plant/

      Best wishes, Yoke

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23 5:38 AM
        I have several plants in the backyard with more on the way. We use the leaves in salads, I have also read about a soup that the leaves are used for but I do not have a recipe for at this time. We have gathered a handful of the berries last year as the plants were still young, but they were loved by the family which is why I am adding more. No shoots have been used due to the size of the plant, but I am told by local families they are edible also.

        Vince