Goji - Lycium

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      Lycium barbarum / L chinense
      well known as Goji berries..

      anyone have experience in using leaves / twigs / young shots / growth.
      raw as vegetable,
      cooked ?
      stirfried ?
      or fermented ???

      any experience with other species ?

      Geir Flatabø
    • Yoke-BT
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013

        Wouldn’t recommend eating the green parts as it is in the Solanaceae family; very poisonous! Berries a power-food!

        But then I did a bit of research and found that you can use other parts...

        See

        http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Goji_Berry_Plant/

        Best wishes, Yoke

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
          I have several plants in the backyard with more on the way. We use the leaves in salads, I have also read about a soup that the leaves are used for but I do not have a recipe for at this time. We have gathered a handful of the berries last year as the plants were still young, but they were loved by the family which is why I am adding more. No shoots have been used due to the size of the plant, but I am told by local families they are edible also.

          Vince