RE: [pfaf] Ilex crenata

  • Yoke-BT
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013

    Found some information in ‘The Medicinal Flora of Britain and Northwestern Europe’ by J. Barker on 2 other hollies:

    Ilex aquifolium and Ilex paraguariensis.

    There should be a book in Kew Library about this Ilex crenata to find out more about edibility...

    Sorry; can’t help more! At least the leaves are not poisonous!

    Yoke

    Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      We drink tea of "Ilex paraguariensis" every day in Paraguay.

      Javier Cosp

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: yokevandermeer@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:24:15 +0100
      Subject: RE: [pfaf] Ilex crenata [2 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Yoke-BT included below]

      Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
        Believe I have to taste all the Ilexes
        (if they have survived the worst winter "ever" )

        Geir

        2013/4/22 Sam Schaperow <sam.schaperow@...>

        Only tiny tastes.
        Any time & any growth.