Re: [pfaf] Digest Number 330

  • ben slow
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2004
      I'm of the opinion that 'most' people in the permaculture world are their for good reasons and good intentions. They dont generally strike me as being the 'fleecing' type. I also reckon that if you check your course out and speak with the people running the workshop you'll soon discover weather they're your type of people and if this is your type of course.
      So far I havent done a course myself and subscribe pretty wholeheartedley to your point that self teaching might be the best solution. But thats for me, I totally respect anyone who goes on a course and I'm sure that when I meet people who wax lyrically about a great course they did I'll be signing up for it.

      Cheers,

      Ben

      pfaf@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/bAOolB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Permaculture Design Courses are we being fleeced?
      From: "the_green_garden"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:58:54 +0100
      From: "the_green_garden"
      Subject: Permaculture Design Courses are we being fleeced?

      I'm currently investigating the possibility of doing a permaculture design
      course, but from what I have found out so far,none of the courses
      offered,despite often costing a great deal of money.Have No statutory
      educational and or governmental body formal recognition in the European
      Union.So from what I can gather so far, any Tom, Dick or Harriot,can claim
      to set up a permaculture design course offering Diplomas etc which in
      reality will be worthless bits of pretty computerised paper recognized by no
      one but the person running the course.So the question begs an answer are we
      all being fleeced and would we be all better off just studying and putting
      into practise the works of Bill Mollison's Permaculture A Designers Manual?
      Other readers of this forum are encouraged to offer their opinions.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/