Wanted: volunteers interested in Forest Gardens

  • Robert Alcock
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      Hi all,

      We are looking for volunteer(s) to help us plan, develop and maintain
      our 0.3ha forest garden here in Northern Spain. I'm pasting the
      announcement below. Please forward it to anyone you think might be
      interested.

      Many thanks

      Robert

      http://www.abrazohouse.org/?p=637

      Are you interested in learning more about forest gardens – diverse,
      productive ecosystems that mimic natural mixed woodlands?
      Do you want to gain experience working in an existing forest garden (now
      7 years old) in a temperate maritime climate?
      Would you like to learn about all aspects of sustainable, low-impact
      living, especially natural building?
      Do you want to live in a beautiful, tranquil natural setting and enjoy
      good food, good company, a healthy outdoor lifestyle and good weather
      (mostly)?

      We are now looking for volunteers to help plan, develop and maintain our
      0.3ha (3/4 acre) forest garden in return for food and accommodation (in
      a self-contained guest cabin). Either a single person or a couple
      (gender unimportant) would be suitable. Experience and/or qualifications
      in forest gardening, organic gardening, permaculture or related fields
      are valuable but not essential.

      Ideally you would commit to stay for a period of three months (which
      could later be extended by mutual consent), with an initial trial period
      of two weeks. You should be willing to work both on your own and with
      other people. Domestic chores (cooking, washing up, cleaning) are shared
      between everyone.

      If you think you might be interested, please get in touch: ralcock (at)
      euskalnet (dot) net