Introduction

  • Sam Schaperow
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2013
      Wow!  I've looked at the PFAF website so many times for so long, but never delved deeper into it to see that it has a yahoo group.  Anyway, I'm excited to learn fro this group and contribute as well.

      I've done a little foraging starting in the early 80s, but only became more serious about it in the 90s when I took a biology course at UCONN that included a section on foraging plants and mushrooms.  At this stage in my life I'm quite experienced as a forager and a decent gardener, too.  :)

      My media experiences include: http://m.theday.com/article/20120819/BIZ02/308199974/1070/mobile&template=mobile

      I also have a special interest in unlocking the edibility potential of plants & mushrooms otherwise thought "inedible" or "toxic".

      Here are the groups I run/moderate:

      Sam Schaperow, B.S., M.S.
      Foraging.Posterous.com
    • YOKE
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
        Thanks Also only just joined this. PFAF are doing such wonderful work! It may take some time for me to get used to all this way of communicating but I hope to get to contribute in the not too far future.... I also have a Google + side (still needs lots of development in future..., Yoke....see: Yoke's Magic Garden