Re: [pfaf] Medlars and japanese quince

  • Peter Ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
      Got one in the garden.  I'm making a variant on Persimmon Pudding next week. Googling produced all sorts of recipes.

      I'm flavouring rakija with cydonia quinces.

      On 11/12/2012 22:24, Geir Flatabø wrote:

      I just tasted this year bletted medlar fruits,

      really one of my winter favourits .
      Anyone out there having any experience in other use of the medlar fruits (Mespilus germanicus)  other than just eating form the tree- miidwintertime, or from the freezer....
      And the same question about the sweet smelling Japanese quinces  Chaenomeles japonica..
      not really edible at all !?
      hopefully'
      Geir Flatabø

      No virus found in this message.