Medlars and japanese quince

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
      I just tasted this year bletted medlar fruits,
      really one of my winer favourits .
      Anyone out there having any experience in other use of the medlar fruits (Mespilus germanicus)  other than just eating form the tree- miidwintertime, or from the freezer....
      And the same question about the sweet smelling Japanese quinces  Chaenomeles japonica..
      not really edible at all !?
      hopefully'
      Geir Flatabø

    • Peter Ellis
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
        Got one in the garden.  I'm making a variant on Persimmon Pudding next week. Googling produced all sorts of recipes.

        I'm flavouring rakija with cydonia quinces.

        On 11/12/2012 22:24, Geir Flatabø wrote:

        I just tasted this year bletted medlar fruits,

        really one of my winter favourits .
        Anyone out there having any experience in other use of the medlar fruits (Mespilus germanicus)  other than just eating form the tree- miidwintertime, or from the freezer....
        And the same question about the sweet smelling Japanese quinces  Chaenomeles japonica..
        not really edible at all !?
        hopefully'
        Geir Flatabø

        No virus found in this message.