Re: [pfaf] FREE E-BOOK: Introduction to Permaculture Design and Sustainable Living

  • erik
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
      yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
      (out of experience)

      On 12/07/2012 02:31 AM, Feral Mycelium wrote:
      > Hello friends,
      >
      > We're thrilled to announce the availability of our FREE e-book,
      > Introduction to Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design!
      >
      > For a limited time, you can download the e-book FREE online:
      > --> http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/ebook/
      >
      > The Regenerative Leadership Institute is committed to taking
      > the wisdom of permaculture mainstream, and we're thrilled to
      > be able to offer this e-book freely to the larger community.
      >
      > We hope you enjoy and look forward to offering more materials
      > in the months and years to come.
      >
      > --
      > Regenerative Leadership Institute
      > The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School
      > A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau
      > 1-800-376-3775 // www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
      > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

    • Barbara Ebel
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
        Spam hmmmm.  But do you also get the e-book?

        Barbara

        yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
        (out of experience)

        On 12/07/2012 02:31 AM, Feral Mycelium wrote:
        > Hello friends,
        >
        > We're thrilled to announce the availability of our FREE e-book,
        > Introduction to Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design!
        >
        > For a limited time, you can download the e-book FREE online:
        > --> http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/ebook/
        >
        > The Regenerative Leadership Institute is committed to taking
        > the wisdom of permaculture mainstream, and we're thrilled to
        > be able to offer this e-book freely to the larger community.
        >
        > We hope you enjoy and look forward to offering more materials
        > in the months and years to come.
        >
        > --
        > Regenerative Leadership Institute
        > The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School
        > A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau
        > 1-800-376-3775 // www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
        > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

      • Annalisa Balestrino
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
          Hello everybody,
          is Erik right?
          Has anyone else downloaded the Free e-book and is he/she satisfied or not?
          annalisa

          Il 07/12/2012 09:29, erik ha scritto:

          yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
          (out of experience)

          On 12/07/2012 02:31 AM, Feral Mycelium wrote:
          > Hello friends,
          >
          > We're thrilled to announce the availability of our FREE e-book,
          > Introduction to Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design!
          >
          > For a limited time, you can download the e-book FREE online:
          > --> http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/ebook/
          >
          > The Regenerative Leadership Institute is committed to taking
          > the wisdom of permaculture mainstream, and we're thrilled to
          > be able to offer this e-book freely to the larger community.
          >
          > We hope you enjoy and look forward to offering more materials
          > in the months and years to come.
          >
          > --
          > Regenerative Leadership Institute
          > The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School
          > A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau
          > 1-800-376-3775 // www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
          > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

        • Frank Woolf
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
            I read it and it seems very well written.  It  is 47 pages.

            Frank

            Southern Philippines. Zone 14

            On Dec 8, 2012, at 1:40 AM, Annalisa Balestrino wrote:

            Hello everybody,
            is Erik right?
            Has anyone else downloaded the Free e-book and is he/she satisfied or not?
            annalisa

            Il 07/12/2012 09:29, erik ha scritto:

            yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
            (out of experience)

            On 12/07/2012 02:31 AM, Feral Mycelium wrote:
            > Hello friends,
            >
            > We're thrilled to announce the availability of our FREE e-book,
            > Introduction to Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design!
            >
            > For a limited time, you can download the e-book FREE online:
            > --> http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/ebook/
            >
            > The Regenerative Leadership Institute is committed to taking
            > the wisdom of permaculture mainstream, and we're thrilled to
            > be able to offer this e-book freely to the larger community.
            >
            > We hope you enjoy and look forward to offering more materials
            > in the months and years to come.
            >
            > --
            > Regenerative Leadership Institute
            > The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School
            > A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau
            > 1-800-376-3775 // www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
            > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

          • trenthillsmike
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 8, 2012
              As permaculture is to permanent agriculture, so permaspam is to permanent spam.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 8, 2012
                Dear all,

                   It is journalistically well written, but seems not offer much more than a political speech and advertisement of "Regenerative Leadership Institute" programs.    A bit controversially author Davidzon sees permaculture ethics as taking care of the planet, healing people emotionally and physically and sharing the surplus of production within the communities.  He even suggests barter economy based on surplus of produced yields as being the core of ethic of sharing the surplus and furher describes permaculture as a marriage of technology and ecology....

                  Davidzon seems to have strong emphasis on developing technologies based in biomimicry and suggests thoughts like  f.e. we should technologically condition soils in deserts to be more suited in farming, then referring to indigenous practice of gathering food from native plants in such conditions.   With technology regarding solar, wind, thermal and hydroelectric he addressess the problem of storage, which would allow conversion of energy into usable household current.  However he doesn't give a single example on how these would be done, but further addresses the need for design to yield us ability to make use of modern conveniences while still being ecologically viable.   No analysis of resources to be exploited for such technologies either was given, but suggestions were instead supported with belief this will happen through future legislation forcing development projects to provide sustainable footprint.   Hidden between the lines seems to be some kind of hatred towards lazy people who are not willing to take care of tilling the land and taking care of the crops and want to abandon "civilization" instead of creating green capitalism of sustainable entrepreneurship.   His ideas could be interesting if provided in context of practice, but now he insist people to pay him for that and paradoxically expresses purpose to make content available for everyone (who are willing to pay).

                    Following the e-book one will receive emails offering scholarships and payment plans for participating programs run by his business.   He asks if there's need for more details or information that would help one to make an informed decision about the program.    Personal emails stop whenever made clear there will be no money flow, but are soon replaced with advertisements of "ethical" products and his business programs.    This leaves me wonder wether promised program content would really be what it's advertised as - or is this another techno-religious cult aiming to earn capital from conscious consumers of ideology?  Certainly I wouldn't pay for that to find out.    If practical solutions would have been expressed instead of propaganda for necessity to turn problematic capitalism into solution - it would have been more sound with the proposed ideology rendered now simply into capitalized product feeding emotional needs of being good.

                   As this list has been about information sharing on useful plants,  the content seems to be off topic.   If you're interested in permaculture ethics or principles for design, there are various websites of permaculture organizations you can easily reach the information from, f.e http://www.permaculture.org.uk/knowledge-base

                best wishes,

                Ossi Kakko

                ps.  there seems to be some serious discussion regarding authors previous activity as "Common Circle Education":

                On 8.12.2012, at 1.06, Frank Woolf wrote:

                I read it and it seems very well written.  It  is 47 pages.

                Frank

                Southern Philippines. Zone 14

                On Dec 8, 2012, at 1:40 AM, Annalisa Balestrino wrote:

                Hello everybody,
                is Erik right?
                Has anyone else downloaded the Free e-book and is he/she satisfied or not?
                annalisa

                Il 07/12/2012 09:29, erik ha scritto:

                yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
                (out of experience)

                On 12/07/2012 02:31 AM, Feral Mycelium wrote:
                > Hello friends,
                >
                > We're thrilled to announce the availability of our FREE e-book,
                > Introduction to Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design!
                >
                > For a limited time, you can download the e-book FREE online:
                > --> http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/ebook/
                >
                > The Regenerative Leadership Institute is committed to taking
                > the wisdom of permaculture mainstream, and we're thrilled to
                > be able to offer this e-book freely to the larger community.
                >
                > We hope you enjoy and look forward to offering more materials
                > in the months and years to come.
                >
                > --
                > Regenerative Leadership Institute
                > The Nation's Sustainable Living and Permaculture Design School
                > A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau
                > 1-800-376-3775 // www.permaculturedesigntraining.com
                > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

              • okakko
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 8, 2012
                  Dear all,

                  I agree it is journalistically well written, but seems not offer much more than a political speech and advertisement of "Regenerative Leadership Institute" programs. Author Davidzon sees permaculture ethics as taking care of the planet, healing people emotionally and physically and sharing the surplus of production within the communities. Then he suggests barter economy based on surplus of produced yields as being the core of ethic of sharing the surplus and furher describes permaculture as a marriage of technology and ecology....

[...]

                  there seems to be some serious discussion regarding authors previous activity as "Common Circle Education" etc.:

                  http://openpermaculture.org/pipermail/permaculture_openpermaculture.org/2011-November/004638.html

                  http://billyspublicservice.blogspot.fi/2012/01/common-circle-education-spam-or-scam.html

                  http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2009-December/035142.html

                  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml

                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Frank Woolf <frank@...> wrote:

                  > I read it and it seems very well written. It is 47 pages.
                  >
                  > Frank
                  >
                  > Southern Philippines. Zone 14
                  > http://www.frankwoolf.com
                  >

                  > On Dec 8, 2012, at 1:40 AM, Annalisa Balestrino wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hello everybody,
                  > > is Erik right?
                  > > Has anyone else downloaded the Free e-book and is he/she satisfied or not?
                  > > annalisa
                  > >
                  > > Il 07/12/2012 09:29, erik ha scritto:
                  > >>
                  > >> yes, and once asked for this ebook, you will receive spam daily!!!!!
                  > >> (out of experience)

                • fran k
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 8, 2012
                    Thankyou for that Ossi, what you say makes sense.

                    And the least techno we can be the better. Our real needs are actually quite simple. And the simpler they can be the better for all life they can be.

                    Earth is life, the other part of earth is the stones and stone dust, as on the moon. So when we are talking about Earth, we are really talking about Life.

                    And it has yet to come out as knowledge, that eating drinking, dancing, creating art, telling and listening to stories, sex, creating things, planting and gathering the harvest, preparing it for say breakfast , getting the spoon out of the drawer and to dip it into the bowl and to bring it to ones mouth to work the mouth to eat are all equally

                    WORK.

                    Paid or not there is plenty of work to do.

                    So, to be lazy but still be able to live, you would be doing pretty well!

                    :)
                    frank