Tree collard management

  • Paul Beich
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 354 KB
    Hello all,

    Attached is a photo of my young tree collard plant. It's about two feet tall and very healthy.

    But the stem is pretty thin for its height. A good breeze will push it way over. I'm wondering if I should just give the stem time to thicken, or it it might help to top the plant, taking 6 or more inches off.

    I'm new to tree collards so any knowledgeable advice is welcome.

    With thanks,
    Paul