Re: [pfaf] Used Tractors from The USA

  • sagwtrees
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
      Hello,

      We are developing a five step strategy for creating a manufacturing industry.  The fact is many of the countries that have developed manufacturing but starting with repair, then assembly, then manufacturing. We are developing an Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair Association to teach machinery repair,, machining and other necessary components for developing an industry.  The Asian miracle began with people in small room soldering parts with hand held soldering irons heated in small fires. The US developed its industries from the ground up. it is amazing how many people in some developing countries do not want to go through the necessary learning steps to develop industries but want to jump to high tech without laying the groundwork of people who learn by doing.

      But we know there are entrepreneurs out there that would like to learn to repair these machines and make a great impact on agriculture in many countries.  I grew up on a small farm in Arkansas and watched my grandfather move from horse drawn machinery to a small tractor. he was illiterate but he learned not only how to use it but to repair it. That is why we are developing the SAMEI system

      THE  SAMEI STRATEGY FOR Agricultural Machinery Assembly AND REPAIR INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
      S(SALES) A(ASSEMBLY) M(MANUFACTURE) E(EXPORT) I(INTEGRATE

      We are dedicated to developing this program. I have lived and worked in agriculture in Honduras, Nicaragua, Belize and other Central american countries. They want and need these tractors and equipment and we intend to put a training center in Belize for working with entrepreneurs there.

      Yours Sincerely

      Dr. Carol Cross
      SPW Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair Association
      On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM, sagwtrees <sagwtrees@...> wrote:
      Thank you for your response.  that is why we are planning to develop the Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair organization. We plan to train entrepreneurs from these countries in how to repair and eventually assemble tractors and other farm machinery.  I  and grew up on a subsistence farm with illiterate farmers who learned how to repair small tractors within my lifetime. Now these same people are repairing equipment and putting together tractors from parts. That is what we plan to do and will see donors of old machine shop equipment that i not computer controlled for them to learn basic machining. Illiterate people can  learn from others and the propensity of men to learn about machines that move seems almost to be in their genes.  This is an effort to teach a whole new group how to use some of the things we throw away and at the same time increase their food production.

      On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@...> wrote:

      On 19/10/2012 02:00, Nikki wrote:
      > Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery
      From my own experience, it is pointless, in the Third World, importing
      mechanical products that are not supported locally with adequate stocks
      of spares. All too often, I would see machinery supplied as aid from
      firms for which there was no local dealership and hence no local source
      of the simplest spare parts. Two or three years down the line, when any
      spares sent over with the original donation were exhausted, expensive
      machinery lay idle and rusting, never to be used again.
      Water pumps, ambulances, tractors or whatever, all desperately needed,
      were useless if they broke down, often for the need of just a small part.
      The market in many of these countries was not big enough to support more
      than a handful of agencies and if a particular country's aid efforts,
      which, of course, supplied products from the donor country, resulted in
      equipment coming from manufacturers who were not and were unlikely to be
      represented locally, the expensive aid was of limited value.
      If there were enough of an unrepresented manufacturer's products, they
      could be, and were, cannibalised, but if a product like, say, a Case
      tractor, was the only one in the country, it fell down the first time it
      needed a spare part.
      You can't just Google up a spare on Amazon in the Third World and have
      it delivered promptly. Shortage of foreign exchange and the necessity
      for import licences might mean it taking months and even years for
      authority to import it.

      --
      Peter Ellis

      Porec Sales Office
      Croatia Property Services

      Selling in the new Tuscany!

      Tel +385 (0) 52 653 025
      +385 (0) 92 247 5879
      +385 (0) 91 400 3784

      peter.ellis@...
      info@...

      http://www.croatiapropertyservices.com
      http://croatiaproperty.proboards.com

      --
      SPW Ecojustice Center  - We are dedicated to quadrupling food production in the tropics within the next ten years with used tractors, offering  used farm equipment from the USA, becoming the leader in green fiber production of kenaf and support the replanting the world forests for carbon sequestration using LeucaenaBecome an Environmental Entrepreneur By Recycling and Assembling Agricultural Machinery & Trucks
      If you are doing business in today's environment you need to incorporate your business. Protect yourself and your assets. Don't get sued and lose everything.  Incorporation is easy and quick. Why incorporate your business? You can't afford not to!