Used Tractors from The USA

  • Nikki
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2012
      Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery

      The Deployment Of Used Tractors From the USA Is Vital For Sustainable Agriculture In Many Countries
      Agricultural development is vital because our planet's population is growing. The fact is many people are hungry in many countries. In countries in Latin America where I worked as a consultant for years there was a lack of tractors and machinery that could increase productivity. I saw farmers growing large acreages of crops with workers with hoes and machetes. I watched farmers producing potatoes using only hoes and a tool called a barra. While they produced food, productivity was not as high as possible. Farmers who have no machinery or power systems work extremely hard and long hours for very little return on investment. The fact is, millions of farmers in the countries with the fastest growing populations are trying to feed these people without the needed inputs for productivity.

      We Need To Find a Way To Develop Agriculture In These Countries and Feed Their People

      How can we upgrade agriculture in these countries. What do we need? We need to provide machinery for land preparation, cultivation, harvesting, field processing. We need to find low cost machinery for processing raw materials from the fields. We need to develop ways to process food in a healthy manner with equipment that is affordable and reliable.

      The tractor is a piece of equipment that can provide the power for many of the above by using what is called PTO (Power take-Off). The Power Take off unit can power all kinds of equipment. The tractor is at the nexus for increasing agricultural output in many countries. We have got to get more tractors in the hands of farmers in developing countries.

      There are two ways to get the tractors needed in these countries.
      1. Buy low cost small scale tractors form China, India and other countries
      2.
      These tractors are being made by countries where many of the tractor manufacturers are new entries to manufacturing tractors. Most do not have engineering departments. Many just buy tractors and copy their designs. Many of the brand names of these tractors are not even known to farmers. Many are new companies seeking to get on the export bandwagon. Some of the companies have been making tractors and implements for a few decades but they have not yet been tested over time. These brands have not stood the test of time. Prices are lower and these tractors are often affordable. There are situations in which these tractors are appropriate. Often the problem is they are not set up for PTO type uses. Nor are they ready for the kind of easy changing of implements farmers in the USA are used to.

      2. Obtain Brand Name Tractors From the US

      We can depend on American made tractors. Companies here have been making dependable, long lasting tractors for decades, even longer. The list of US tractor and implement manufacturers is long
      • Advance-Rumely
      • AGCO
      • AGCO Allis
      • AGCO Tractors
      • Allis-Chalmers
      • Allwork tractors
      • American Tractor Corporation
      • Avery Company
      • Best Manufacturing Company
      • Case Corporation
      • Case IH
      • Caterpillar Inc.
      • Cletrac tractor
      • Cleveland Motor Plow
      • Cleveland Tractor Company
      • CNH (company)
      • Cub Cadet
      • Deering Harvester Company
      • Eagle Manufacturing Company
      • Fitch Four Drive
      • Ford Motor Company
      • Fordson tractor
      • Hagie Manufacturing
      • Holt Manufacturing Company
      • International Harvester
      • J.D. Adams & Company
      • John Deere
      • Minneapolis-Moline
      • New Holland Agriculture
      • Oliver Farm Equipment Company
      • Roths Industries
      • Samson Tractor
      • Simplicity Outdoor
      • Steiger Tractor
      • Twin City tractors
      • Varity
      • Wheel Horse
      • White Farm Equipment

      The Problem With Supplying New American Made Tractors and Implements from the US

      Why don't these farmers just buy equipment from the USA? They know it is good and long-lasting. US equipment is the best in the world. Each company in the USA has government standards to meet, mandated specifications, inspections, quality control, new improved systems based on computer and process control. You can depend on these tractors.

      What Is The Reason That These Countries Are Not Filled With State Of The Art New Agricultural Technology From The USA?
      1. These new tractors are very expensive
      2. These new tractors require a high level of education since they are operated by computer controlled systems
      3. These new tractors require repair shops with computer controlled equipment
      4. These new tractors require the owners to develop a preventive maintenance program
      5. These new tractors must be kept clean and lubricated in a systematic manner

      Farming in the USA is high tech these days. American farmers have a high level of social capital which enables them to maintain these high tech machines. Farmers in the USA usually have the internet available in their homes and can access technical assistance and social networks to discuss problems.

      High tech farming systems cannot be maintained in a country without a surrounding support system. It is not enough to buy a brand new high tech tractor and be the only one in your state or community that has one. Who will you discuss problems with? Who will able to repair it? In the USA a farmer has access to social capital. There are so many ways to get the assistance he needs.

      HOW FARMERS TAP INTO SOCIAL CAPITAL IN THE USA

      • The extension officer will come out to your farm or you can go into the office
      • There are many farmer bulletins available
      • Local universities
      • Books and self help publications
      • Farm magazines
      • TV programs
      • Internet do it yourself sites
      • Posted back issues of publications
      • You tube videos
      • Social networking site such as squidoo where people post their know-how as lens
      • Sites such as ezine article sites where people publish their know how
      • Short farmer meetings
      • University short courses
      • Online courses

      Farmers in Developing Countries Need Tractors and Farm Equipment They Can Maintain Without Computer Based Systems

      The Solution Is used name brand US tractors and implements.

      We offer used farm machinery from the USA. All tractor brands

      Thousands are available. Contact us with specifications with horsepower, price range and brand name. SPW Ecojustice Center is dedicated to quadrupling world food production in the next 20 years. Recycling agricultural machinery is a key to our business. We have access to all makes, brands, models, and years of used agricultural equipment.

      Manufacturers:
      • John Deere Farm Equipment
      • Case IH Farm Equipment
      • Agco Farm Equipment
      • New Holland Farm Equipment
      • Caterpillar Farm Equipment
      • Kubota Farm Equipment

      • Disks
      • Field Cultivators
      • Mulch Finishers
      • Plows/Rippers
      • Rotary Hoes
      • Row Crop Cultivators
      • (harrows, etc)
      • Planting Equipment
      • Air Seeders/Air Carts
      • Drills
      • Planters
      • (tenders, transplanters)
      • Harvesters
      • Combines
      • Cotton Pickers/Strippers
      • Forage
      • (pull type-self propelled)
      • Headers
      • (row crop, platform, forage)
      • (orchard/fruit harvesters, beet harvesters, vegetable harvesters)
      • Hay and Forage Equipment
      • Disk Mowers
      • Mower Conditioners/Windrowers
      • Rakes/Tedders
      • Rotary Mowers
      • Round Balers
      • Square Balers
      • Stalk Choppers/Flail Mowers
      • Tub Grinders/Bale Processors
      • (bale movers, sickle bars, wrappers, forage blowers, baggers)
      • Other Equipment
      • ATVs
      • Blades/Box Scrapers
      • Feed Grinders
      • Feed/Mixer Wagon
      • Loaders
      • Manure Spreaders
      • Power Units
      • Riding Lawn Mowers
      • Utility Vehicles
      • Miscellaneous

      Email agequip@... for tractor and implement list
      www.solarentrep.com/used_tractors.htm
      To connect with us use skype - solarentrep
    • Peter Ellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
        On 19/10/2012 02:00, Nikki wrote:
        > Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery
        From my own experience, it is pointless, in the Third World, importing
        mechanical products that are not supported locally with adequate stocks
        of spares. All too often, I would see machinery supplied as aid from
        firms for which there was no local dealership and hence no local source
        of the simplest spare parts. Two or three years down the line, when any
        spares sent over with the original donation were exhausted, expensive
        machinery lay idle and rusting, never to be used again.
        Water pumps, ambulances, tractors or whatever, all desperately needed,
        were useless if they broke down, often for the need of just a small part.
        The market in many of these countries was not big enough to support more
        than a handful of agencies and if a particular country's aid efforts,
        which, of course, supplied products from the donor country, resulted in
        equipment coming from manufacturers who were not and were unlikely to be
        represented locally, the expensive aid was of limited value.
        If there were enough of an unrepresented manufacturer's products, they
        could be, and were, cannibalised, but if a product like, say, a Case
        tractor, was the only one in the country, it fell down the first time it
        needed a spare part.
        You can't just Google up a spare on Amazon in the Third World and have
        it delivered promptly. Shortage of foreign exchange and the necessity
        for import licences might mean it taking months and even years for
        authority to import it.

        --
        Peter Ellis

        Porec Sales Office
        Croatia Property Services

        Selling in the new Tuscany!

        Tel +385 (0) 52 653 025
        +385 (0) 92 247 5879
        +385 (0) 91 400 3784

        peter.ellis@...
        info@...

        http://www.croatiapropertyservices.com
        http://croatiaproperty.proboards.com
      • fran k
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
          Also,

          where ever you live in the world, this also presumes that there is a certain level of life that it is necessary to live.

          I live in a rich country, the UK. I have land . It is community cooperative land being developed for forest gardening, and veg growing, and for growing useful products.

          It's not the best land. Land looks to be the best for living on and for growing, in a belt going around the earth from the north of France to the middle of Spain.

          but like I said this email of tractors, looks like its presuming that everyone would wish to live at some certain level.

          maybe the people that live in other countries need asking what they would find useful in their lives.

          I don't wish to live at the normal level. what is the normal level? and what good is a normal level if it means we need to damage the earth to live at the normal level most want.

          I wish to be warm in the winter. To eat good food. To have water. To have good friends and community, to have interesting things to do. And also good health care with the great medicine and the great technology we use for that. I don't need any other technology. But I reckon technology for health, and working for care of each other is great.

          I don't need any electricity. It's not a need, when we can make our own music and get up with the Sun and go to bed with the Sun. And that makes you appreciate the Sun even more.

          that's all, nothing else. don't need holidays, don't need leisure centres, don't need cars, don't need any of the extra stuff most want.

          There is a line of living, where below that level one starts to progressively die, and above that level, one just wants bigger and bigger houses, castles and swimming pools, ad infinitum.

          just like tuning in a radio. below that level is poor, and above that level is poor.

          on a shopping planet such as this one, if one is not having to earn the money to shop, one can have more time to think, and think about having enough time to live and have the time to make from Gaia, the actual good things of life.

          life is a recipe. food, warmth and shelter, water, and air.(can't miss out air, even though so far its free, its getting dirtier, maybe its time to start monetizing and making that short, like we've done with everything else.)

          :) Frank

          ------------------------------
          On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 10:18 BST Peter Ellis wrote:

          >On 19/10/2012 02:00, Nikki wrote:
          >> Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery
          > From my own experience, it is pointless, in the Third World, importing
          >mechanical products that are not supported locally with adequate stocks
          >of spares. All too often, I would see machinery supplied as aid from
          >firms for which there was no local dealership and hence no local source
          >of the simplest spare parts. Two or three years down the line, when any
          >spares sent over with the original donation were exhausted, expensive
          >machinery lay idle and rusting, never to be used again.
          >Water pumps, ambulances, tractors or whatever, all desperately needed,
          >were useless if they broke down, often for the need of just a small part.
          >The market in many of these countries was not big enough to support more
          >than a handful of agencies and if a particular country's aid efforts,
          >which, of course, supplied products from the donor country, resulted in
          >equipment coming from manufacturers who were not and were unlikely to be
          >represented locally, the expensive aid was of limited value.
          >If there were enough of an unrepresented manufacturer's products, they
          >could be, and were, cannibalised, but if a product like, say, a Case
          >tractor, was the only one in the country, it fell down the first time it
          >needed a spare part.
          >You can't just Google up a spare on Amazon in the Third World and have
          >it delivered promptly. Shortage of foreign exchange and the necessity
          >for import licences might mean it taking months and even years for
          >authority to import it.
          >
          >--
          >Peter Ellis
          >
          >Porec Sales Office
          >Croatia Property Services
          >
          >Selling in the new Tuscany!
          >
          >Tel +385 (0) 52 653 025
          > +385 (0) 92 247 5879
          > +385 (0) 91 400 3784
          >
          >peter.ellis@...
          >info@...
          >
          >http://www.croatiapropertyservices.com
          >http://croatiaproperty.proboards.com

        • sagwtrees
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
            Thank you for your response.  that is why we are planning to develop the Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair organization. We plan to train entrepreneurs from these countries in how to repair and eventually assemble tractors and other farm machinery.  I  and grew up on a subsistence farm with illiterate farmers who learned how to repair small tractors within my lifetime. Now these same people are repairing equipment and putting together tractors from parts. That is what we plan to do and will see donors of old machine shop equipment that i not computer controlled for them to learn basic machining. Illiterate people can  learn from others and the propensity of men to learn about machines that move seems almost to be in their genes.  This is an effort to teach a whole new group how to use some of the things we throw away and at the same time increase their food production.

            On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@...> wrote:

            On 19/10/2012 02:00, Nikki wrote:
            > Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery
            From my own experience, it is pointless, in the Third World, importing
[...]

            SPW Ecojustice Center  - We are dedicated to quadrupling food production in the tropics within the next ten years with used tractors, offering  used farm equipment from the USA, becoming the leader in green fiber production of kenaf and support the replanting the world forests for carbon sequestration using LeucaenaBecome an Environmental Entrepreneur By Recycling and Assembling Agricultural Machinery & Trucks
            If you are doing business in today's environment you need to incorporate your business. Protect yourself and your assets. Don't get sued and lose everything.  Incorporation is easy and quick. Why incorporate your business? You can't afford not to!
            PROTECT your Personal Assets. SAVE on Self-Employment & Income Taxes.
            It s quick and easy with The Company Corporation

          • sagwtrees
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
              Hello,

              We are developing a five step strategy for creating a manufacturing industry.  The fact is many of the countries that have developed manufacturing but starting with repair, then assembly, then manufacturing. We are developing an Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair Association to teach machinery repair,, machining and other necessary components for developing an industry.  The Asian miracle began with people in small room soldering parts with hand held soldering irons heated in small fires. The US developed its industries from the ground up. it is amazing how many people in some developing countries do not want to go through the necessary learning steps to develop industries but want to jump to high tech without laying the groundwork of people who learn by doing.

              But we know there are entrepreneurs out there that would like to learn to repair these machines and make a great impact on agriculture in many countries.  I grew up on a small farm in Arkansas and watched my grandfather move from horse drawn machinery to a small tractor. he was illiterate but he learned not only how to use it but to repair it. That is why we are developing the SAMEI system

              THE  SAMEI STRATEGY FOR Agricultural Machinery Assembly AND REPAIR INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
              S(SALES) A(ASSEMBLY) M(MANUFACTURE) E(EXPORT) I(INTEGRATE

              We are dedicated to developing this program. I have lived and worked in agriculture in Honduras, Nicaragua, Belize and other Central american countries. They want and need these tractors and equipment and we intend to put a training center in Belize for working with entrepreneurs there.

              Yours Sincerely

              Dr. Carol Cross
              SPW Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair Association
              On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM, sagwtrees <sagwtrees@...> wrote:
              Thank you for your response.  that is why we are planning to develop the Agricultural Machinery Assembly and Repair organization. We plan to train entrepreneurs from these countries in how to repair and eventually assemble tractors and other farm machinery.  I  and grew up on a subsistence farm with illiterate farmers who learned how to repair small tractors within my lifetime. Now these same people are repairing equipment and putting together tractors from parts. That is what we plan to do and will see donors of old machine shop equipment that i not computer controlled for them to learn basic machining. Illiterate people can  learn from others and the propensity of men to learn about machines that move seems almost to be in their genes.  This is an effort to teach a whole new group how to use some of the things we throw away and at the same time increase their food production.

              On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@...> wrote:

              On 19/10/2012 02:00, Nikki wrote:
              > Agricultural Development Through Recycling Agricultural Machinery
              From my own experience, it is pointless, in the Third World, importing