Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
      In Russia
      Moscow area , it is called yellow acacia,
      and looked upon as one of the best honey / nectar sources among bee keepers, superseeded by Lime (linden) trees only.

      Geir Flatabø

      2012/7/7 Organic Life <Brave.life.earth@...>

      Amazing plant..do you know how I can obtain some seeds?

      On Jul 6, 2012 8:02 PM, "peter wheat" <peter_wheat@...> wrote:

      See link:

      The flower buds are pickled in vinegar and then used like capers in salads[183]. A tea is made from the shoot tips[177, 183].

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: geirf@...
      Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Do you eat the gorse ??

      Geir Flatabø

      2012/7/5 peter wheat <peter_wheat@...>

      Seems Gorse is hardy to zone 6 also:

      http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ulex+europaeus

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: hevnsent@...
      Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:58:18 -0500
      Subject: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Hi
      does anyone know of any tree legumes that are hardy in below freezing temperature zones, like 6?
      Thanks
      nova

    • mIEKAL aND

        From: geirf@...