RE: [pfaf] tree legumes

  • Organic Life
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 6, 2012

      Amazing plant..do you know how I can obtain some seeds?

      On Jul 6, 2012 8:02 PM, "peter wheat" <peter_wheat@...> wrote:

      See link:

      The flower buds are pickled in vinegar and then used like capers in salads[183]. A tea is made from the shoot tips[177, 183].

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: geirf@...
      Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Do you eat the gorse ??

      Geir Flatabø

      2012/7/5 peter wheat <peter_wheat@...>

      Seems Gorse is hardy to zone 6 also:

      http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ulex+europaeus

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: hevnsent@...
      Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:58:18 -0500
      Subject: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Hi
      does anyone know of any tree legumes that are hardy in below freezing temperature zones, like 6?
      Thanks
      nova

    • Allmende Verden
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
        When we're havin a workcamp with 10people around, we're doing a
        comparative taste-session on every shrubs seeds.***Steph

        Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

        > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
        > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
        >
        > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
        >
        > Geir Flatabø
        >
        > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
        >
        >> Hi there,
        >> Where do you live, Nova?
        >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
        >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
        >>
        >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
        >>
        >> > The main group would be the
        >> > Caragana species, esp Caragana sibirica...
        >> >
        >> > i e for a seed crop,
        >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
        >> > any.....
        >> > Geir Flatabø

        >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
        >> Artilleriestr. 6
        >> D-27283 Verden
        >> Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
        >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
        >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
        >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

        Artilleriestr. 6
        D-27283 Verden
        Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
        Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
        http://www.allmende.de.vu
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
          Do you then use for tasting -  the immature seeds,
          or mature  cooked seeds...
          or sprouted seeds..

          Geir Flatabø

          Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

          > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
          > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
          >
          > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
          >
          > Geir Flatabø
          >
          > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
          >
          >> Hi there,
          >> Where do you live, Nova?
          >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
          >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
          >>
          >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
          >>
          >> > The main group would be the
          >> > Caragana species,  esp  Caragana sibirica...
          >> >
          >> > i e for a seed crop,
          >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
          >> > any.....
          >> > Geir Flatabø

          >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
          >> Artilleriestr. 6
          >> D-27283 Verden
          >> Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
          >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
          >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
          >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

          Artilleriestr. 6
          D-27283 Verden
          Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
          Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
          http://www.allmende.de.vu

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
              pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
            In Russia
            Moscow area , it is called yellow acacia,
            and looked upon as one of the best honey / nectar sources among bee keepers, superseeded by Lime (linden) trees only.

            Geir Flatabø

            To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
            From: geirf@...
            Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200