Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

  • nova wright
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 6 5:16 PM
      Thanks Geir, Peter & Steph

      nova
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 1:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

      And then you have the
      Gleditsia triacanthos...

      Geir Flatabø

      2012/7/6 nova wright <hevnsent@...>

      Thanks so much!
      I am following that out now.
      What are the well suited for forage in this category
      nova
      "In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"  George Orwell
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 6 11:43 PM

        Amazing plant..do you know how I can obtain some seeds?

        On Jul 6, 2012 8:02 PM, "peter wheat" <peter_wheat@...> wrote:

        See link:

        The flower buds are pickled in vinegar and then used like capers in salads[183]. A tea is made from the shoot tips[177, 183].

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
        From: geirf@...
        Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200

        Do you eat the gorse ??

        Geir Flatabø

        2012/7/5 peter wheat <peter_wheat@...>

        Seems Gorse is hardy to zone 6 also:

        http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ulex+europaeus

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 7 12:21 AM
          When we're havin a workcamp with 10people around, we're doing a
          comparative taste-session on every shrubs seeds.***Steph

          Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

          > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
          > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
          >
          > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
          >
          > Geir Flatabø
          >
          > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
          >
          >> Hi there,
          >> Where do you live, Nova?
          >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
          >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
          >>
          >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
          >>
          >> > The main group would be the
          >> > Caragana species, esp Caragana sibirica...
          >> >
          >> > i e for a seed crop,
          >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
          >> > any.....
          >> > Geir Flatabø

          >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
          >> Artilleriestr. 6
          >> D-27283 Verden
          >> Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
          >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
          >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
          >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

          Artilleriestr. 6
          D-27283 Verden
          Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
          Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
          http://www.allmende.de.vu
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 7 1:53 AM
            Do you then use for tasting -  the immature seeds,
            or mature  cooked seeds...
            or sprouted seeds..

            Geir Flatabø

            Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

            > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
            > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
            >
            > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
            >
            > Geir Flatabø
            >
            > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
            >
            >> Hi there,
            >> Where do you live, Nova?
            >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
            >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
            >>
            >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
            >>
            >> > The main group would be the
            >> > Caragana species,  esp  Caragana sibirica...
            >> >
            >> > i e for a seed crop,
            >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
            >> > any.....
            >> > Geir Flatabø

            >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
            >> Artilleriestr. 6
            >> D-27283 Verden
            >> Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
            >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
            >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
            >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

            Artilleriestr. 6
            D-27283 Verden
            Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
            Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
            http://www.allmende.de.vu

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
                pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 7 2:19 AM
              In Russia
              Moscow area , it is called yellow acacia,
              and looked upon as one of the best honey / nectar sources among bee keepers, superseeded by Lime (linden) trees only.

              Geir Flatabø

              To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
              From: geirf@...
              Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200