Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

  • nova wright
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 6, 2012
      Hi
      I am in Missouri USA

      nova
      "In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"  George Orwell
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 6, 2012
        Thanks Geir, Peter & Steph

        nova
        What are the well suited for forage in this category

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 6, 2012

          Amazing plant..do you know how I can obtain some seeds?

          On Jul 6, 2012 8:02 PM, "peter wheat" <peter_wheat@...> wrote:

          See link:

          The flower buds are pickled in vinegar and then used like capers in salads[183]. A tea is made from the shoot tips[177, 183].

          To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
          From: geirf@...
          Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200

          Do you eat the gorse ??

          Geir Flatabø

          2012/7/5 peter wheat <peter_wheat@...>

          Seems Gorse is hardy to zone 6 also:

          http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ulex+europaeus

          To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
            When we're havin a workcamp with 10people around, we're doing a
            comparative taste-session on every shrubs seeds.***Steph

            Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

            > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
            > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
            >
            > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
            >
            > Geir Flatabø
            >
            > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
            >
            >> Hi there,
            >> Where do you live, Nova?
            >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
            >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
            >>
            >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
            >>
            >> > The main group would be the
            >> > Caragana species, esp Caragana sibirica...
            >> >
            >> > i e for a seed crop,
            >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
            >> > any.....
            >> > Geir Flatabø

            >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
            >> Artilleriestr. 6
            >> D-27283 Verden
            >> Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
            >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
            >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
            >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

            Artilleriestr. 6
            D-27283 Verden
            Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
            Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
            http://www.allmende.de.vu
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
              Do you then use for tasting -  the immature seeds,
              or mature  cooked seeds...
              or sprouted seeds..

              Geir Flatabø

              Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

              > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
              > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
              >
              > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
              >
              > Geir Flatabø
              >
              > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
              >
              >> Hi there,
              >> Where do you live, Nova?
              >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
              >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
              >>
              >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
              >>
              >> > The main group would be the
              >> > Caragana species,  esp  Caragana sibirica...
              >> >
              >> > i e for a seed crop,
              >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
              >> > any.....
              >> > Geir Flatabø

              >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
              >> Artilleriestr. 6
              >> D-27283 Verden
              >> Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
              >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
              >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
              >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

              Artilleriestr. 6
              D-27283 Verden
              Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
              Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
              http://www.allmende.de.vu

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 7, 2012
                In Russia
                Moscow area , it is called yellow acacia,
                and looked upon as one of the best honey / nectar sources among bee keepers, superseeded by Lime (linden) trees only.

                Geir Flatabø

                To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                From: geirf@...
                Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200