RE: [pfaf] tree legumes

  • peter wheat
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 5 11:49 PM
      See link:

      The flower buds are pickled in vinegar and then used like capers in salads[183]. A tea is made from the shoot tips[177, 183].

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: geirf@...
      Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Do you eat the gorse ??

      Geir Flatabø

      2012/7/5 peter wheat <peter_wheat@...>

      Seems Gorse is hardy to zone 6 also:

      http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Ulex+europaeus

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: hevnsent@...
      Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:58:18 -0500
      Subject: [pfaf] tree legumes

      Hi
      does anyone know of any tree legumes that are hardy in below freezing temperature zones, like 6?
      Thanks
      nova

    • nova wright
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 6 4:28 PM
        Hi
        I am in Missouri USA

        nova
        "In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"  George Orwell
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 6 5:16 PM
          Thanks Geir, Peter & Steph

          nova
          What are the well suited for forage in this category

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 6 11:43 PM

            Amazing plant..do you know how I can obtain some seeds?

            To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
            From: geirf@...
            Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200

            To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 7 12:21 AM
              When we're havin a workcamp with 10people around, we're doing a
              comparative taste-session on every shrubs seeds.***Steph

              Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

              > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
              > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
              >
              > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
              >
              > Geir Flatabø
              >
              > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
              >
              >> Hi there,
              >> Where do you live, Nova?
              >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
              >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
              >>
              >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
              >>
              >> > The main group would be the
              >> > Caragana species, esp Caragana sibirica...
              >> >
              >> > i e for a seed crop,
              >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
              >> > any.....
              >> > Geir Flatabø

              >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
              >> Artilleriestr. 6
              >> D-27283 Verden
              >> Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
              >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
              >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
              >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

              Artilleriestr. 6
              D-27283 Verden
              Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
              Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
              http://www.allmende.de.vu
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 7 1:53 AM
                Do you then use for tasting -  the immature seeds,
                or mature  cooked seeds...
                or sprouted seeds..

                Geir Flatabø

                Citeren Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

                > WHat do you mean by "check for their taste" ?
                > Tasted seeds and / or leaves shots ??
                >
                > Are ther large individual taste variation ??
                >
                > Geir Flatabø
                >
                > 2012/7/6 Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
                >
                >> Hi there,
                >> Where do you live, Nova?
                >> We've got about 70caragana arborescens seedlings here which we checkt
                >> individually for their taste. Greetings from Steph
                >>
                >> Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:
                >>
                >> > The main group would be the
                >> > Caragana species,  esp  Caragana sibirica...
                >> >
                >> > i e for a seed crop,
                >> > for othe leguminuos crops like for nitrogen fertilization you could use
                >> > any.....
                >> > Geir Flatabø

                >> Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
                >> Artilleriestr. 6
                >> D-27283 Verden
                >> Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
                >> Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
                >> http://www.allmende.de.vu
                >> Kurze und lange Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

                Artilleriestr. 6
                D-27283 Verden
                Tel   (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
                Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
                http://www.allmende.de.vu

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 7 2:19 AM
                  In Russia
                  Moscow area , it is called yellow acacia,
                  and looked upon as one of the best honey / nectar sources among bee keepers, superseeded by Lime (linden) trees only.

                  Geir Flatabø

                  To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                  From: geirf@...
                  Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:17 +0200