looking for info on (natural) intergeneric hybrid or cross breeding in general

  • Francis S
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2012
      I find things like Shipova A cross between , and mountain, ash in the sorbus genus , crossed with Pear (pyrus genus), but in the same rose family rosacea

      Over one hundred years ago.

      So I'd like some more info if anyone has any experience cross breeding plants Im mostly interested in fruit tree's

      Here is my post, but the question is already asked mostly
      I just want a detailed web site explaining crossing
      , or if anyone has any list of plants with the same chromizones
      (like mountain ash/pear)
      (I tired, both species in the prunus genus cherry/plum, and it rained but Im looking for more info.)
      http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hybrid/msg030902538344.html?4

      (NOTE to get this out of the way)
      This happens rarly (I suppose) , but a goat(capra)
      in a different genus,
      can have a offspring with a sheep (ovis) just by mateing.

      just saying it isn't A GMO, which I am strongly against.

      By the way I plucked off some pollen )pistals),
      and I have dried it
      I plan On oppening some flowers that will surly take
      after I remove their male pistals
      one way to do it is open the flowers before they cross with themselves

      Not to big on alot of selective breeding though
      Big apple with big apple makes bigger apple
      or lets breed plants so they can grow in a coolder zone
      (trifoliate orange poncirus trifoliata )
      (if this causes invasiveness
      , but plan to improve taste/ disease resistence /cold hardyness
    • Dennis K
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012
        Is there some reason for the messages not coming through. Is this a heavy hand moderated forum?

        None of my posts are coming through

        Dennis