2012 at last, hooray!

  • travelerinthyme
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      Well, we've waited long enough for 2012, here it is! Hope it lives up to its dreams...and they aren't all nightmares <LOL>

      My understanding is that Mayan calender ending this year is "the end of reality as we know it" , whatever that means. I think it means anything the Mayans could have imagined is NOT IT. Instant planet-wide communication between all humans is a good place to begin the "end", dontcha think? The end of majick......everything is possible for everyone now, not just the Chosen Few. Maybe the ones who believe themselves to be Chosen will be unpleasantly surprised, but the Meek just might end up inheriting something besides a burnt out nuclear wasteland.

      Apparently the area around good old Chernobyl is one of the healthies ecosystems on Earth, if you are not a human. "Living lightly" on the land, wild animals reap the bounty of abandoned orchards and find ruined architecture very comfy nesting. It's only those who plow and landscape that are in danger from radiation in the soil, the plants and animals who live on top do just fine. Wolves like it right downtown, deer prefer the suburbs.

      We got some rain around Austin, not enough, but lovely winter greens popping up all over the yard and garden. Eat yer weeds!

      I continue to delve into the mysteries of computer sculpture, which leaves my brain ded and my back weary, so we are hoping for a moderately good garden season to keep me fed and exercised. Desk work is not good for the soul.

      Happy New Year, stay safe and free!

      ~Marcia Cash, Traveler in Thyme
      Blanco County, TX ~ hot one day and cold the next.