Re: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries

  • Helena Makwana
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
      Hi. I haven't heard of it! could you send me a snap shot &/or scientific name?

      bye!
      Helena

      From: johanna.knox@...
      Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:18:59 +1300

      Hi all

      I wrote a blog post about fuchsia berries (as well as a little bit about the edible sepals) here:

      Best wishes for the new year,
      Johanna

      On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Anna Oake <junglistlily@...> wrote:

       Hey Geir, Yes i've eaten them, and enjoyed!
      Alittle like a grape crossed with a haw.. Odd but nice,
      Give them a go! X
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: geirf@...
      Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:24:32 +0100
      Subject: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries

      Anyone having experience with Fuchsia berries.
      One written source  (Norwegian ) mention Fuchsia excorticata as a berry source  for the maoris,
      while wikipedia say the european settlers used it for jam...

      Geir Flatabø

    • fran k
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
      Hi Geir and everybody,

      These photos I have attached show the fucshia bush and fruit that I was talking about.

      I hope they email to you.as I am using a mobile phone to send them.

      The bushes grow to about 1/2 metre and fill with blossom. to produce cherry size fruit as you can see.

      Frank.

      ------------------------------

      Message 3 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
        Nice
        perhaps a few seeds would do the trick....

        Geir

        <*>[Attachment(s) from fran k included below]

        <*>Attachment(s) from fran k:

         <*> lkb
         <*> lkb

        <*> Your email settings: