Re: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries

  • Allmende Verden
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
      what species are you talking about? There are about 15 listed in the
      pfaf-database, with different hardinesses.
      thanx,
      Steph

      Zitat von Anna Oake <junglistlily@...>:

      > You could grow them im sure, probably very easy, they are all over
      > the place in th UK!
      > If you wanted to try i'm sure two wouldnt mind you havign a go on
      > theirs.. good way to get chatting to folk abot the unknown edibles
      > they have in their gardens too!..X
      >

      > To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      > From: johanna.knox@...
      > Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:18:59 +1300
      > Subject: Re: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries
      >

      > Hi all
      >

      > I wrote a blog post about fuchsia berries (as well as a little bit
      > about the edible sepals) here:
      > http://wildpicnic.blogspot.com/search/label/Fuchsias
      >

      > Best wishes for the new year,
      > Johanna
      > http://wildpicnic.blogspot.com
      >

      > On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Anna Oake <junglistlily@...> wrote:
      >

      > Hey Geir, Yes i've eaten them, and enjoyed!
      > Alittle like a grape crossed with a haw.. Odd but nice,
      > Give them a go! X
      >

      > To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      > From: geirf@...
      > Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:24:32 +0100
      > Subject: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries
      >

      > Anyone having experience with Fuchsia berries.
      > One written source (Norwegian ) mention Fuchsia excorticata as a
      > berry source for the maoris,
      > while wikipedia say the european settlers used it for jam...
      >

      > Geir Flatabø

      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 90 30 470 (lange aufs Klingeln warten)
      Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
      http://www.allmende.de.vu
    • Helena Makwana
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
        Hi. I haven't heard of it! could you send me a snap shot &/or scientific name?

        bye!
        Helena

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
        • 2 Attachments
        • 18 KB
        Hi Geir and everybody,

        These photos I have attached show the fucshia bush and fruit that I was talking about.

        I hope they email to you.as I am using a mobile phone to send them.

        The bushes grow to about 1/2 metre and fill with blossom. to produce cherry size fruit as you can see.

        Frank.

        ------------------------------

        Message 4 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
          Nice
          perhaps a few seeds would do the trick....

          Geir

          <*>[Attachment(s) from fran k included below]

          <*>Attachment(s) from fran k:

           <*> lkb
           <*> lkb

          <*> Your email settings: