-------- Original Message --------
Subject: COMMENT Trifolium repens
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:46:15 +0100
From: Nobody <nobody@...
Dr. Shrestha (Malla) Anjali Mainya (swechha@*****) added the comment:
Eight varieties of Trifolium repens L.were studied on the basis of
flower color and leaf markings in Nepal. These were:
1. White flower with marked leaf,
2. White flower with non-marked leaf.
3. White with pink tinged flower and marked leaf,
4.White with pink tinged flower and non-marked leaf,
5. Pink flower with marked leaf,
6. Pink flower with non-marked leaf,
7. Light pink flower with marked leaf,
8. Light pink flower with non-marked leaf.
1. Wine can be made from flower heads
2. Leaves contain high vitamin C and can be used as its substitute
3. It plays an important role in the production of rabbit fur or angora.
Refference: The study on the diversity of Trifolium repens in Nepal,
Ph.D thesis, 2002.
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
same as http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/
Post: 1 Lerryn View, Lerryn, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, PL22 0QJ
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
PFAF electronic mailing list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf